Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I'm Wasting my money on Currently

Fallout 3. Why it is good. Discuss.

The sheer idea of it sells itself as wonderful. It's a post-apocalyptic wasteland, full of raiders, mutants and giant ants that breath fucking fire. Seriously, those fire breathing ones scared the hell out of me the first time i met them. I was wandering around on the outskirts of the capitol when i saw an ant in the distance. Meh, i thought, an ant. Time to get some batting practice. So i sauntered up and bopped it on the head with my baseball bat. It then proceeded to turn around and set me on fire.

I also like the different morality choices, and how you can play completely different games from other people. Personally, I'm a pretty friendly guy. I will help people out, i'm polite and i try my hardest to reach a solution with a minimum amount of bloodshed. Doesn't mean i'm bad at fighting, but i will try the diplomatic route first.

Wilson and i play pretty similarly, he put a lot of his skill points into the speech option, which i found interesting. His character is a talker, and although we're both the sort of guys who play good characters, i think that i usually let my guns do the talking in the end.


John on the other hand, is a different kettle of fish. He will kill everyone. He killed the damn dog that's supposed to be your companion for crying out loud. Someone looks at him funny, they die. Someone wanders by him in the wasteland, they die. He was so fucking evil, that when he went to the town of slavers, they got out of his way.

Theres also a sort of randomness to the experience that i like too. I, for example, have yet to see a Deathclaw. They're supposed to be these huge, fast moving demon things that will mess you up three ways to sunday. I have yet to meet one.

But i'm looking forward to it, me and ol' Betsy will be ready too.

No comments: