Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Name is still up in the air.


Another update on my current project that I spend too much time on. I reckon I am about, let's say 70% done with the building and such of episode 1. And yes, I have planned it out properly instead of making it up as I go along. Let's just say that Moki doesn't remain an Emo Kid for the whole of the series.

One of the harder things to do is to manage skills for party members. I have to learn to stop giving so many of them to people, just because they are cool.


Making up NPC dialogue is fun though.


And yes, I know the badguys are big... but I kinda like it that way. When you play old JRPG's like Final Fantasy 6 and Wild Arms and stuff, the enemies are much bigger than your characters. It kinda adds a whole, sense of accomplishment to defeating foes. I guess another area of game design where that applies would be WoW, where NPC's are much bigger than PC's. (Non-player characters and Player characters respectively).

Scale is...relative ^_^

Oh and along with Benson and Hedges, are two other Shadow Brigade Captains called Dunhill and Paul Mall. It's all about themes baby!


1 comment:

John Michaels said...

lol, love tap.
Make chars bigger imo.
i know you can figure it out.