Monday, August 6, 2012

Minecraft: Hardcore Mode

I've been playing a bit of Minecraft lately, and I found that since the last time I had played, they'd added a new Hardcore mode to the game. It's different from the normal survival mode in that you can't change the difficulty at all and upon your death the entire world is deleted. Forever.

So, the masochist in me decided to start a Hardcore world and see how far I could get. The results...



I'm currently on my third go, and I've gotten much further this time. I've got a little farm going with some chickens and wheat to avoid travelling far for food. Have set up a little fortress outside my mine to shoot monsters from relative safety, and always travel with a map in tow. I'm currently dividing time between searching for diamonds and finding a village, so I can try out the new trading system.

Home sweet home. 


On my last exploratory venture I found this right before I had to go to work.

Ruddy mysterious.
Apparently, it's a Desert Temple, and although part of me wanted to explore it straight away the new careful part of my brain that has developed thanks to Hardcore mode made me stop and look it up. A good thing too, because there's a TNT trap in there that would have blown me up if I hadn't been careful. Although, that would have made for an excellent comic. 

No comments: